View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 14:50

Hi everyone,

I'm a Recognized Therapeutic Touch Practitioner with the Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario in Canada. As an advanced practitioner, I work with various layers of the human energy field as well as the chakra system, and have developed my own process called energy bodywork as well as providing conventional Therapeutic Touch. I also work with animals and do distant Therapeutic Touch sessions.

I've also learned how to give TT sessions in the lucid dream state. If anyone has an interest in TT and wants to ask questions, or if you are a fellow practitioner, I'd love to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 18:24

Sounds really interesting, does the person you are working with via lucid dreaming aware that the session is/has taken place?

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 19:30

I saw last evening on the news...(believe this or not!!!) that scientific studies have proven beyond a doubt that healing touches do work (even with your conventional medical doctors).....Those that were touched by someone attempting to make them better or heal them, healed much quicker and felt better sooner than those who were not touched. For the US, that bit of information is major...as I feel that we are way behind the UK, etc as far as any non-conventional methods of anything!!!
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 19:33

Gosh Bonita, how I would love to do what you can.
I love all healing modalities and want to learn them all lol
You are a blessed, gifted lady ((hugs))
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 21:25

Hi Helen

Yes. I do not provide healing energy to people without their permission. It wouldn't be respectful to do otherwise. It's agreed upon ahead of time that I'm going to conduct a session.

Hi L'angel,

It's great that such studies now exist. I've seen similar ones showing that prayer helps people to heal faster, even if they don't know they are being prayed for. I believe that positive, focused energy directed to a person's wellbeing in whatever form can benefit them.

Hi Mia,

Hugs back! I've been asked to create an online course in working with the human energy field. Once my Kingston workshops are over, I'll start looking at putting an online course together. I'll let everyone on the forum know when it is. It will be experiential, allowing you to learn techniques for sensitizing to the energy field and working to restore its natural flow.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 23:21

Sounds sooooooo interesting, I am looking forward to it. In the little spare time I have, I have promised myself to learn and try many new things. (part of that comes from my last tarot reading)!!
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 23:34

I had a friend who decided to spend an entire year doing things she "sucks" at. By the end of the year, she'd learned lots of new things - including how not to take herself so seriously.
Back to top Go down
crimsonwind
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 0:32

Therapeutic touch is a broad understanding, that all touch is healing... which is true. As a nationally certified, and state licensed massage therapist, it is my joy to take care of people using my touch. What you describe, is something we in America call integrated touch. There are many modalities that usher in cathartic healing. It isn't ethereal, but it is spiritual, it is centered and grounded, and based from love and mutual respect for our inherent humanity... our frailties and failings. I personally don't believe that healers operate on some higher spiritual plane. I do however believe that when someone lays hands on another to revive or deliver solace, they are operating in their highest self- in that moment they are the way God/Goddess designed them to be. We all have the potential, and should be in our highest self as much as possible. I've been told I give integrated touch in every massage. I don't do it with awareness. I do it because that's what happens when I lay hands on. It happens, and I only take credit for the massage... not the healing. Healing is a gift. Sometimes they heal me a little. It's a mutual give and take.
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 0:46

Hi Crimson Wind. Actually, Therapeutic Touch is a registered trademark for a process established by Dora Kunz and Dolores Krieger in the States. It was given this name so that nurses could use it in hospital, but it primarily refers to a process of working with the human energy field, meaning that physical touch is not required at all, though many of us like to incorporate some touch in order to encourage the field to flow naturally.

This is different from massage, though i do incorporate some massage techniques in my energy bodywork. If I am asked to do Therapeutic Touch, however, that does not include actual massage. The client is fully clothed and can be standing, sitting, or lying down. They also don't have to be present to receive a session. i can do it long distance as effectively as if I were physically present.

Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't coining a phrase but actually describing an established modality, much as reiki is a term for a particular energy medicine modality.

I agree with you that we are not healers, but that we facilitate healing. In the practice of Therapeutic Touch, the practitioner acts as a conduit for universal energy, offering it to the field of the client. The field itself has its own ability to heal, and it is the innate intelligence of the field that directs how the practitioner interacts with the client to support his/her natural healing process.

I hope that clarifies what Therapeutic Touch is. Smile
Back to top Go down
crimsonwind
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 1:35

Therapeutic touch or integrated touch as it's still referred to in the books- most likely before a correct name was established to the modality ... not certain why? Is often used by Hospice nurses. They've undertaken a bold approach to the idea of dying with dignity. Hospice, has always operated under the ideal that palliative care is not only humane, but necessary for letting go with dignity. Here, massage therapist have joined the hospice teams, working with extended family members, offering massage therapy with touch therapy (including polarity, Jin Shin, and Reiki) as a way of giving to the care givers of the dying. Good stuff! Finding the developers of modalities is always good stuff. I find in the states, many try to re- invent the wheel. I'm glad for the clarity. Thank you. Now, when I hear instructors misspeaking the name, I can gently correct them... Not to mention, I'm so excited someone here believes in innate intelligence. I've recovered my sense of smell after a 16 year absence, resulting from a traumatic brain injury. The only changes in my life... Chiropractic, acupuncture and being a massage therapist. That's it. I'm healing even though my neurosurgeon said "it would never happen". I'm glad to tell you- he was WRONG. Anyway, really good to meet you here.
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 1:51

Glad to meet you, too. It's always interesting to compare modalities. Therapeutic Touch has been around since the 60's and in fact we recently lost one of the founders due to old age.

Regardless of what we call the modalities, it's all energy medicine, and with the right intent, all the modalities do wonders for reminding the innate system of its ability to heal, and faciltating that healing.

Like you, I've also found Therapeutic Touch useful in helping clients to pass over. I'm able to see when they are close to leaving and to encourage them to let go and surrender to the experience. It's beautiful to be a witness to such a transformational event in someone's life.
Back to top Go down
Torey
Spiritual
Spiritual

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Sun 25 Apr 2010 - 3:12

Thanks for the post,, it was interesting. I'm wondering how
you would rate T.T. against Reiki? Also is T.T. basically the same as
Reiki as it sounds very similar.
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 5:01

There are some differences in the two, in that in TT we emphasize not working too much around the head to prevent energy congestion headaches, whereas Reiki practitioners spend a fair bit of time at the head. We also emphasize grounding at the feet a lot.

I know little more than that about Reiki except to say that I've had Reiki treatments and TT and have enjoyed both.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 12:11

Great to see you Bonita
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 19:34

Thanks, L'angel. Just got back from a three-day show and I'm off again on Thursday for four days for a model and talent convention. Wish me luck on landing an agent!
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 20:54

Putting those positive thoughts out there for you ...
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 22:24

Ta muchly. Smile
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 0:46

I like your new picture, and I sincerely wish you the best.....
NAMASTE
Back to top Go down
Bonita
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 5:44

Thanks, l'angel. That's one of my talent headshots. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Therapeutic Touch   

Back to top Go down