Scientology

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Scientology   Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 17:36

What do you know of or feel of the 'religion' (it is not recognised as a religion in the UK, but is in the USA) Scientology?

Founded by L. Ron Hubbard in 1953

It is known as the religion of the stars, with Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirsty Alley to name a few all activley supporting and promoting it.

It is also an expensive 'religion' where you have to pay to recieve teachings or OTs

Some accuse them of being nothing more than a brainwashing cult - others a mind expanding life affirming truth.

Read more at www.scientology.org

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
norseman
Spiritual
Spiritual

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 19:28

L. Ron Hubbard is/was a writer of third-rate SciFi. End of ! A true believer in Erich von Daniken obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 19:54

I think, stripped of all its really really strange stuff (costs included) there are some more 'down to earth' aspects that are relevant to many other religions (there is a soul, reincarnation, spiritual healing of the soul...and there is probably just a FEW others - but those are the ones I found when I had read about it).
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 21:10

My uncle is a scientologist.
Has been since in the RAF as a lad.
He is now 77.
And fit as a fiddle Smile
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 21:15

I think it basically is spiritualism at a COST....

a little tooo much controlling for me ...

but each to their own
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 21:48

^ I have to agree.
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 16:47

I read scientology a long time ago. I have to say, I always wanted to try out their tin can thing that is supposed to tell you what past life is bothering you in this life, LOL! They actually had them at the fair we have every year in the park, but I had my kids with me and as hard as I tried to find a friend to help watch them so I could check out this device, I never got to try it. I did find the reincarnation part interesting, but all these gadgets and levels and money they want, well, that part seemed like a scam to me.

Maybe it's a good thing for people to believe they have souls. I think that's part of what's wrong with people today, they don't believe in their own souls. I also believe strongly in reincarnation, I have a past life memory after all. So in a way, I guess this is a good thing. What I see that is wrong is that it seems only to be for the rich. To me, matters of spirit should be for everyone, not just those who can afford it.

But in the end, I did find it very interesting, though the "robot body" past life story kind of freaked me out. But who is to say that it's not possible??
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 17:01

I'm not sure about Scientology. It freaks me out some. I was about 16 at the time, I was with my friend who was a year younger, I was visiting her in NYC for the week and we were accosted by this man to take a *test* to see how you faired in life. It turned out to be Scientology and I failed miserably. The test that is. Everything I believed in they seemed to be oppossed to. It was pretty much right after my older brother was killed and I had strong faith that he was fine. I knew he was fine and I was okay with his death. That is how I answered their questions and they took it as being cold hearted. They gave us some books and after reading them I was totally turned off to Scientology. I was 16 remember to turn me off to a *religion* at 16 took a lot. Like Ane said, I have also viewed it for the wealthy and celebs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 17:10

Quote :
Maybe it's a good thing for people to believe they have souls. I think that's part of what's wrong with people today, they don't believe in their own souls.

I have to admit that I find that troubling as well. While I'm not troubled by people not believing in a god, I am troubled by them not believing they have a soul.

That is seriously disturbing to me...
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 17:42

I agree with you on that Prien, it doesn't bother me if you don't believe in God but not to have a soul that is not right. And what Tom Cruise said to Brooke Shields having to take antidepressants after her baby was born was outragious !! Those are his believes as a Scientologist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 18:03

Yeah - there's just something 'not right' with the 'absence of a soul'. I mean, that really makes for 'base' thinking (humans just being bone and flesh...nothing more). That's what I find very disturbing about it. The subject could go further with regards to the issue, but just stating that one part is enough to give people an 'idea'. There is far more to life than just 'physical reality' - whether people want to believe or not is irrelevant, it exists irregardless.

I had tried to follow that thing with the birth of Tom Cruise's baby and some things I thought were downright strange. As for the anti-depressants, I wonder if that was to help off-set post-natal depression?
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 18:16

It was Brooke Shields when she has Post Partom (sp) Depression and went public with taking anti-depressants to help her and Tom critized her for taking them, for not being strong enough or whatever crap he said, because it went against Scientology. He did end up apologizing to Brooke but you can't go shoving your beieves down someone elses throats the way he was doing. Brooke needed those meds to get her thru troubling times. Look at Andrea Yates, she was accused of killing all her children, if she was on some srt of anti-depressants and getting help via a dr. maybe those kids would be alive today. Andrea yates was suffering with Post Partum Depression. Not saying if Brooke Shields didn't take the meds she would have killed her childbut depression can make you do terrible things. For a person with absolutly no medical background tell another they should not take anti-depressants because of their religion, his not her's, is a terrible thing. He did lose a lot of fans after the incident too. The movies he made were boxoffice bombs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 18:51

Oh ok - yes that I faintly recall. There was a video on YouTube which I saw regarding him and his Scientology beliefs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 18:54

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 19:11

Prien wrote:
Yeah - there's just something 'not right' with the 'absence of a soul'. I mean, that really makes for 'base' thinking (humans just being bone and flesh...nothing more). That's what I find very disturbing about it. The subject could go further with regards to the issue, but just stating that one part is enough to give people an 'idea'. There is far more to life than just 'physical reality' - whether people want to believe or not is irrelevant, it exists irregardless.

I had tried to follow that thing with the birth of Tom Cruise's baby and some things I thought were downright strange. As for the anti-depressants, I wonder if that was to help off-set post-natal depression?

Please feel free to start a topic on 'absecne of soul' would love to hear more.

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 19:31

^ Re disbelief in existence of souls...

Ok. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scientology   

Back to top Go down

Scientology
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum