Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Back!   Thu 12 May 2011 - 17:50

Hiya pj (hug)
I didnt take time off work, I put out everywhere I could think of for healing/thoughts etc and used a pain relief cream when needed.
I havent got a heat pad, mmm, hot water bottle?
I am always pulling that muscle *sigh*

I am sorry about your back, sounds really painful Sad
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: My Back!   Fri 13 May 2011 - 7:06

Oh excellent advice, PJ! I use a heating pad and ice pack almost every day myself. Don't know why I didn't think of it!

If you have a microwave oven, it's easy schmeasy to put together a heat pack: Stuff a long tube sock with white rice, flax seeds, cracked wheat or fenugreek seeds, sew the end of the sock closed, and microwave until hot (mine takes a little less than 2 minutes for a thick sock). Stays hot for 15-20 minutes.

A friend made me a really nice flax seed hot pack a few years ago; she sewed chambers into a large pouch made of super soft fabric; it was sewn into a shape where it fits around my neck and covers my collar bone, shoulders, and down my back to about mid-shoulder blade. Super luxurious! If you've got some material on hand they don't seem too difficult to make.

Sort of looks like this:
...except mine is bigger and fluffier, and kind of quilted so the flax is evenly distributed. These are quite wonderful! But a tube sock works pretty well too....

From time to time, I do consider that I might be mad. Like any self-respecting lunatic, however, I am
always quick to dismiss any doubts about my sanity.
-Odd Thomas
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: My Back!   Fri 13 May 2011 - 7:17

I haven't got a microwave.
Can one heat a wheat bag in a convential oven?
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: My Back!   Fri 13 May 2011 - 21:43

I don't know -- I've never tried it. (And, btw, that's just about the only thing I use my microwave for. That, and the occasional bag of popcorn.) It's worth a try. I'd put it in something - like a dutch oven or some other heavy, lidded pot - at maybe 275 degrees and just watch to see how long it takes for it to heat. Let us know how it works if you do that!

From time to time, I do consider that I might be mad. Like any self-respecting lunatic, however, I am
always quick to dismiss any doubts about my sanity.
-Odd Thomas
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: My Back!   Fri 13 May 2011 - 21:50

Will do lady Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Back!   

Back to top Go down

My Back!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Healing Modalities :: Healing Requests-
Jump to: