View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: EFT - short version   Tue 15 May 2012 - 21:03

In my group this week we discussed EFT - emotional freedom technique

As always in group we start with the simplest form and then if we decide we move to more complex ( we have group members that have no knowledge at all )

We spoke about 'tappings' and watched a video on some people that have used eft with somewhat miraculous results!

here is a picture of the tapping points we used:

Attachments
Energy-Tapping-Points-Female2-550x1000.gif
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(72 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: EFT - short version   Wed 16 May 2012 - 1:48

I did tapping for a while and felt I was getting good results, but struggled with it because I couldn't wrap my head around why it works. Now, this is just me I'm talking about here; I'm not saying EFT is anything other than its proponents say it is; but for me it seems it's just a tool for focusing healing energy. Energy work - again, for me - is much less complicated and equally effective -- and I can wrap my head around it more easily as well.

Just assuming for a moment that EFT is simply another way to focus healing energy (and I fully accept that there may be something more to it that I do not understand), I think any technique that can get a person started on the healing path is a good one. EFT might be more appealing to folks who aren't spiritually inclined or who don't feel a connection with energy work.

Initially, I only tried tapping to humor a client at the herb shop where I used to work. She would come in once a week to use the 'detox foot spa' (another nice health supporting tool), and she'd spend most of her 20 minutes of spa time just tapping away. One day when she came in she noticed I wasn't moving very well, and when I explained that there had been a sharp pain in my side for several days and it was wearing on me, she offered to guide me through an EFT session. I only accepted because I liked this woman and couldn't figure out how to refuse without risking hurting her feelings. Oh the things I'll do to avoid that!

I had no expectation that the tapping would help, but afterward when I got up from my chair the pain was gone entirely. The next week this same woman brought me an EFT guide. I studied it and used the technique for several months before it dawned on me that this (for me!) was just another way of focusing healing energy. At that point I went back to practicing energy healing the way that makes sense to me. When I am consistent with either method, I get the same results.

There's a specific focus on self acceptance with EFT that often isn't so implicitly stated with other methods of healing, and I really appreciate that about it. Way too often those who teach energy healing get into a 'destroy the ego' kind of thing, and I think a lot of that is detrimental to the healing process. In fact, the reason I began to emphasize self acceptance in my own curriculum (as a Reiki teacher) was directly related to having learned EFT. I think the process of learning how to accept one's self is a powerful healer in itself, especially if one can get past acceptance and learn to actually love oneself. That's one good thing that I think isn't emphasized strongly enough in other self healing methods.

So you won't hear anything negative from me regarding EFT. I personally think it offers the same benefits as any method of energy healing, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing both, but it seems a very decent tool.

If the members of your group don't mind, Helen, I'd like to hear more about their experiences with EFT once they've worked with it for a while.

From time to time, I do consider that I might be mad. Like any self-respecting lunatic, however, I am
always quick to dismiss any doubts about my sanity.
-Odd Thomas
Back to top Go down
deb
Spiritual
Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: EFT - short version   Wed 16 May 2012 - 16:49

Yes, I would too. I'm particularly interested in the tapping part. I've got several lines of thoughts circulating in my head related to this, but I don't have time to write them all down at the moment. Darn it. But it has to do with the tapping and how that brings in the actual muscle or body memory of emotions, along side this, the concept in Chinese Traditional Medicine that different emotions can manifest as disease in a particular bodily organ or system. It would seem to me to be at least a nod to approaching the interconnectedness of the emotions with the body in a very intimate way. And there's more I'm thinking of, but I must run - for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: EFT - short version   Wed 16 May 2012 - 17:02

thanks plur - I got rid of my headache with eft this morning - which I could also have done with reiki...

In group we generally explore something different every time we meet (twice a month)

everyone seemed to enjoy this one and we have all agreed to use it on at least one issue we have daily for the next 2 weeks, to see what kind of results we get!

I will of course keep you updated on what happens with them.

I agree that is just a way to focus on the energy, and the tapping is thought to open the meridians at the acupressure points - it has been called acupuncture without needles...

As this version is just upper body it is helpful to me and others that have mobility problems (although the underarm one can be an issue some times)

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: EFT - short version   Wed 16 May 2012 - 20:54

Oh yeah I remember having trouble with the underarm tapping too. Especially having lymphatic issues, so the tapping points themselves were always sore, the arm position was always a bit difficult.

Deb, I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this -- I think you're heading in the right direction there!

From time to time, I do consider that I might be mad. Like any self-respecting lunatic, however, I am
always quick to dismiss any doubts about my sanity.
-Odd Thomas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EFT - short version   

Back to top Go down

EFT - short version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Healing Modalities-
Jump to: