NHS saved my life - Stephen Hawkings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: NHS saved my life - Stephen Hawkings   Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 0:59

This article shows how people do not do there homework - an American newspaper was reporting on the bill that President Obama proposes a publicly backed health service somewhat like the NHS for the un and under insured people of America.

The newspaper claims that Stephen Hawkings would have no chance in the UK as his disabilites would render his exsitence worthless, not aware that not only was he born in the UK but had treatment in a NHS hospital in April. Stephen Hawkings supported the NHS and they had to retract quite quickly!!

This is the first I have heard of the US and some of the attempts to scorn the UK health system, now I think we all agree that there is more than enough that needs fixing in the NHS - I wouldnt want it any other way, the principal is that if you need care/treatment you get it no matter your circumstances.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205953/NHS-branded-evil-Orwellian-high-level-US-politicians.html

What do you think of this situation and article??

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: NHS saved my life - Stephen Hawkings   Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 1:17

The NHS certainly have their problems. I've been harmed by them and my friend SJ might not have died if he had received better treatment.
But I think that what we get for free is amazing. I would hate to worry about payment if I hurt myself or got ill. It might not be perfect, but they saved my life, they saved my fiance's and my dad's life. I dont like seeing it slated so much. It does do a lot of good, and they are trying to improve. We get an awful lot more than a lot of countries do.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: NHS saved my life - Stephen Hawkings   Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 1:34

yes thats my feeling too - they also injured me during my second sons birth and has left me with chronic back problems

but, I still go there when I our my sons need medical help....

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHS saved my life - Stephen Hawkings   

Back to top Go down

NHS saved my life - Stephen Hawkings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: General Chat :: In The News-
Jump to: