View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wendy
Enlightened
Enlightened

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Jehovah's Witnesses   Thu 7 Aug 2008 - 14:57

Jehovah's Witnesses are members of a worldwide Christian religion who actively share with others information about God, whose name is Jehovah, and about his Son, Jesus Christ.

They base their beliefs solely on the principles found in the Holy Bible and view first-century Christianity as their model."

-- Office of Public Information of Jehovah's Witnesses

The group now known as the Jehovah's Witnesses was founded in 1879 by Charles Taze Russell, a Pennsylvania businessman. Russell's Adventist background and study of the Bible led him to conclude, among other things, that the second coming of Christ would occur in 1914, that Hellfire did not exist, and God was not a Trinity. Today, there are 6.4 million practicing Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide. Witnesses are very active in evangelism and missions, both in the group's original home of the United States and throughout the world.

Jehovah's Witnesses adhere to Russell's teachings on Hell and the Trinity and emphasize the immanent End Times, clean and moral living, the equality of all races, and adherence to the teachings of the Bible. They reject blood transfusions because of the New Testament command to "abstain from blood" and do not vote or serve in the military. Witnesses reject the symbol of the cross, do not celebrate any traditional Christian holidays, and do not celebrate birthdays.

shared by http://www.paranormalinsights.com/viewtopic.php?t=1792
Back to top Go down
katiebait1
Novice
Novice

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 23:48

I spent 15 years in the Jehovah's Witnesses. I was born into it.
They don't follow the bible, they have you "Study" their lititure!
They wrote their own bible.
If you get involved w/ these people you will lose your individuality they want everyone to believe the same way. You cannot question these people, their never wrong. Only the Satanic Outside people are wrong. Question any religion in the world investigate them all is what they will say to you first,but you are not allowed to investigate them.
PLEASE, if they come to your door RUN RUN VERY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 23 Feb 2009 - 0:11

Thanks Katie

That must have been hard for you as you grew older and realised that this was not the religion for you, was there a defining moment when you just knew that you were not going to stay a Jehovahs Witness??

Are your family all Jehovahs Witnesses? How did they feel about you leaving?

You don't have to answer of course, only if you feel comfortable.

Blessed be

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
wendy
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 23 Feb 2009 - 23:48

i remember when i was 19 and moved into my first flat, my upstairs neighbour was a witness and left her bible for me to read.
out of curiosity i picked it up and began reading it.

no offense to any witnesses out there, but i was quite shocked at what i read.
it was full of fire and brim stone and hell, nothing like what the christian bible had taught me at school, i was so shocked that i couldnt face her to hand it bk, i simply posted it through her mail box and it was never mentioned again.

i believe in each to their own when it comes to religion, but trust me, the spiel they give you at the door a bout a beautiful garden where wel all meet again is poppy cock, because according to their bible, if you put a foot wrong youl burn in hell before you get the chance to see this beautiful place.

ok rant over xxx
Back to top Go down
katiebait1
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Thu 26 Feb 2009 - 0:37

study Helen,
I grew up in the Jehovah's Witnesses, mainly by my Grandmother who still practics.
I only comment on them because they ruined my fathers life and almost ruined my marriage.
The Jw's talk about unconditional love but their love is based on how much you give up or change for the Organization. Don't get me wrong most of the practicing
JW's are good people, but they follow rules not out of the bible but from a publishing company known as The WatchTower Bible and Tract Society.
When they come to your door they do this to get a "Bible Study" started and when you start this study you do not study the bible, you study magazines that the Watchtower printed. They twist scripture to fit in what ever topic they are studying at the time. You are also supposed to go to 5 meeting's a week some were 2 hrs long or more( Meeting times and attendance may vary now they are loosing alot of people to false perdictions).
Through all of this I had some bad female problems and the woman I studied w/ got to asking why I was not attending meetings, and I told her that I was having some female problems and that I was also having some problems w/ my son.
Well I guess she thought that I was making up excuses not to go and even said that "Mabe I should get a 2nd opinion over what was ailing me.
Well Not only that I had for a year watched the members and none of them showed and interest or love in you unless you made all the meetings and progressed in a timely manner because the end of the world is comming and if your not baptised as a JW your going to die.(Quoted by JW)
Sorry for my ranting but this is a Very Dangerous Cult!!
When my mom and dad divorsed they quit attending the JW's ,but I would go in and out( Only thing I ever Knew ).
I could go on and on w/ long stories but I won't just please dont invite these people in your home, they slowly steal your identity and your life as you know it and it is not for the better.
My Grandmother is the last practicing JW left.
There are support groups out there for people who are comming out of a cult.
also check out:
www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com
This will give you a good bit of what they are really about.
Katie
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Thu 26 Feb 2009 - 15:11

Thank you Katie

Its seems that you really went through the mill with them.

Not so long ago I had a charming elderly chap knock the door, and I answered - yes he was a JW.... I thought ok I will listen to what you have to say, and I did standing at the door for over 45 mins (I have a backproblem that means I find it difficult to stand for more than 10mins max without severe pain) I listened to his talking of the 'garden' that all JW's would be going to when the end came and that everyone else would be satans playthings - even me he said and they were here to save me from evil...... I explained some of my beliefs to him and he had an answer for everything!!!!

To get rid of him, I took a booklet, and he wanted to arrange a time to come back and discuss what I had read - I told him I would need a couple of weeks (half hoping he would forget) He then gave me a bible study booklet..... by this time there was also a sweet little lady with a stick joining in the chat...

The short end to the story is that they called about 5 times before giving up and realising that I was not to be converted......

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
katiebait1
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 3:05

Helen,
watch taking anything from them, they WILL keep bothering you.
Trust me they will be back to get a study started!
Best advise I can tell you is to tell them your not interested and DO NOT come back! Then hopefully they will get the message!
Peace:)
Katie
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 16:03

Good to see you popped back Katie

Hope to catch up with you soon x

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 17:04

I used to get stopped by JWs in the street a LOT. This is when I was going thru my phase of dressing like a real greebo....combat trousers, para boots, big baggy band T-shirts.
I think they reckoned I needed saving or sommat lol!
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Wed 11 Mar 2009 - 19:47

I think one of the main reasons for recruting people is to save them!

At least they are strong in there belief that they can 'save' people - even if the people they try to save are not interested..........

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 8:28

I had one come to my house the other day, the first time at this place. It's a new build and they know we are here now Rolling Eyes
I always politely but firmly tell them I'm not interested and to be fair, they do go away after, at least they don't try n argue with me!
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sun 15 Mar 2009 - 21:17

I don't think I would try and argue with you either lol! sparkle stars crowd bouncey hearts
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 0:45

if I ever have any I'm going to offer to swap the witches bible for theirs
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 2:16

Fair swap IMO - I would love to see there face tho lol!

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 2:21

I'd also have my cat in my arms and say 'I must go I need to put persephone back on my altar'
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 2:27

and mix the cauldron :gwitch: , fix the broomstick :broomstick: - then ask -would you like to come in? lol!

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 2:36

and apologise for all the blood all over the floor
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 13:00

I had a visit from the JWs again this week. Lovely man, he said I looked like a good student. Which I was pleased about cause I signed up to a home study course this week lol!
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 16:53

AngelMutley wrote:
I had a visit from the JWs again this week. Lovely man, he said I looked like a good student. Which I was pleased about cause I signed up to a home study course this week lol!

Great which course are you doing?

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 17:18

It's called Equality and Diversity, it's a free course and I end up with a Level 2 qualification in something lol, I've been trying to get on this course for 3 years! I'm so pleased I finally got on!
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 17:27

AngelMutley wrote:
It's called Equality and Diversity, it's a free course and I end up with a Level 2 qualification in something lol, I've been trying to get on this course for 3 years! I'm so pleased I finally got on!

You see what happens when you start making the changes in your life that are meant to be? all starts falling into place, well done you - you just have to find the time to work on it now.....

Elder and founder

Back to top Go down
Swami_Dementia
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 20:13

I'd find it more funny asking to swap my copy of the Satanic Bible for theirs tbh
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 21:15

Helen wrote:
AngelMutley wrote:

You see what happens when you start making the changes in your life that are meant to be? all starts falling into place, well done you - you just have to find the time to work on it now.....

I plan to do as much as I can while I'm looking for work, and then when I get a job I will hopefully be ahead of myself! It's about 10 hours a week's work, as long as I can get started by mid April. I am only just enrolling so I don't have any work as yet.
The way I got my place on the course was kinda weird too. When I initially signed up for the training 3 years ago, they said the course wasn't yet available in my area and I asked to be emailed when it was. They sent me emails advertising their other courses now and again but I never had anything to say this Equality n Diversity course was available.
I was looking on a job website last week, when an advert for the training company flashed up and I got this massive urge to click on it and see if my course was available yet.
It was, and I was a bit annoyed that they hadn't emailed me to tell me.
2 days later, I got an email advertising 2 new courses, and Equality and Diversity was one of them.
I think I may have registered so soon after it became available in my area, that they hadn't even had time to send out the emails.......
Back to top Go down
Dori
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 14:34

I wonder if they really believe all that doctrine they talk about when they knock on your front door; some times it sounds just like a speech they have rehearsed and recited over and over.
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   Thu 14 Jan 2010 - 0:34

Dori wrote:
I wonder if they really believe all that doctrine they talk about when they knock on your front door; some times it sounds just like a speech they have rehearsed and recited over and over.

I agree with you Dori

Nice observation...

and the speech they always say is about salvation, who is God, what is sin... blah..bLah..blah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses   

Back to top Go down

Jehovah's Witnesses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Belief Systems-
Jump to: