View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 13:14

Hi I'm Leigh and I Live in Devon.
I've been learning on and off for years but still class myself as a novice as never really committed for one reason or another, But now I have the most understanding partner in the world and he doesn't judge me just excepts me as I am
I'm still trying to find where I fit in with all of this. Well a bit about me, Im a mother of 4 lovely kind polite loving children, aged from 8-18, 2 boys and 2 girls. Just wish I could say the same for my mom :-( but thats another story and a huge stress in my life. I pick up on peoples feelings as soon as they walk through a door, apart from my partner he can be 200 miles away and i know what he is feeling he can never suprise me as for some reason I know what he is doing, for example he tried to treat me to tickets to see the rat pack in the hippodrome. as soon as he said ive got a suprise for you I just blurted out what it was oops, I have no idea what it is and no idea if I could or how to expland this or even if it is lucky guesses. Also when my Nan was Dying I knew there were 2 people there for her I could not see or hear them, but i could kind f see them in my head and when I discribed a very tall thin man and a very short 4ft6 woman to my dad, said it was her parents who id never met and never seen a picture of. lucky guess again?

Anyway so now at the great age of 36, Im committed brought some books at the moment Im reading the Wicca handbook by Eileen Holland. If anyone could recommend any that would be great

So a few Questions:
When should I start to build my Alter (i can leave it up) and what should I have on it?
I read that Pentagram necklaces need to be a gift and cant really be brought by myself, is this true?
What should I be starting with?

Sorry for going on a bit and i hope you dont mind the questions and i know there will be more if thays ok.

Love and Hugs

Leigh x
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 17:13

Hi there Luna

Firstly a very warm welcome to The Spiritual Centre, thank you for joining us and for posting an introduction!

We love questions here so the more the merrier so they say...

Have you decided that you wish to follow the Wiccan path? or are you still experimenting?

We are a group of loving and kind beings that all follow similar but different paths and love to chat and explore our spiritual lives, we have a few Wiccans and a few Pagans who I am sure will answer any questions you have.

This site is for all spiritual paths and journeys whenever they start and for however long they continue, so I am sure you will fit right in!

Once again, thanks for joining us and I look forward to getting to know you soon.

Blessed be

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 17:48

Welcome to the forum Luna, I think Devon is a lovely part of the world, great to have you here Smile
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 18:59

Thank you for your kind words,
From what I have read on the subject I'm on the wiccan path and it looks like I'm an eclectic, and other half says I'm a fruitbat... He's a fine one to talk.

xx
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 19:09

Hello Luna and welcome to Spiritual Paths squeeze me
I am not Wiccan or Pagan, well I maybe a bit, but not sos it notices lol
So I cannot help you with your questions ..... I know a man who can though .... lol
Anyways, hope you like it here xx
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 20:59

Welcome Luna,

This is a great place to be and I am sure that you will enjoy your visits here. Best to you on your new journey...

Love and Light,

L'angel
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 21:34

@mia wrote:
welcome to Spiritual Paths squeeze me

???? you in the wrong place mia????? thought you only loved me and the spiritual centre I am hurt now that you go somewhere else but here and then you get the name wrong.................

love ya xxxxxx

Elder and founder

Love, light and blessings hearts

There are NO coincidences in this life.......
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 21:49

oops .......
mmm, dunno what to say ......
I lost for words .......
sorry ......

welcome to Spiritual Centre Luna

Last edited by Helen on Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 22:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for mia who doesnt know where she is or who she is talking to! LOL!! (hugs) xx)
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 21:51

err Helen .... I called Luna Devon UK.
Would you change it please
Methinks I better go offline for a bit ....
Heroes is on anyway Smile
Love you lady xxxx
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 22:28

Lol Mia its ok I answer to most things <hugs>
And I love Heroes save the cheerleader lol

xxx
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 22:33

Yaay another fan Smile
We called our two of our rats Hiro and Ando and one of our cats Syler Smile
Welcome to, mm, this place lol xxxx
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 7:58

@Helen wrote:
Hi there Luna

Firstly a very warm welcome to The Spiritual Centre, thank you for joining us and for posting an introduction!

We love questions here so the more the merrier so they say..

We love questions.... questions is our middle name,,, Lol

Welcome to Spiritual Centre

I am glad you've found us
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 2:24

@Luna wrote:
When should I start to build my Alter (i can leave it up) and what
should I have on it?

Hello Luna... sorry for a very late reply though I didn't notice you have a question....LOL...
WELL honestly this is the time I only read your introduction... lol.... so

Okay in building your altar it depends on you if you will create an altar for worship, different from the altar on which spells are worked, although it is best if you work your spells in the same room that your worshiping altar is located so that the blessings and spiritual gifts of the God and Goddess will add power and strength to your spell. Your spell will be more potent.

Some wiccans have an indoor altar, and an outdoor altar. It isn’t necessary to have an outdoor altar, but it can help
focus your energies in different ways depending on which spells you are trying to cast like for example, I have noticed that healing spells are even more effective when cast from my outdoor altar since healing needs a nature dealing. No matter where your altar is and it can be set up in any space you have available in your house, it should represent
who you are and what path you follow. Your altar is like your Book of Shadows, it should be a reflection of you, but I don't believe that more sacred things you decorate your altar with , the more power you will be able to draw in your spells and rituals. The important is to build up emotion when practicing wicca. The sacred space (and circle) around your altar can be as big or small as you can fit into your area. Traditional Witches’ usually use a nine-foot circle, because the number “nine” is special to the Goddess. Don’t worry about the size of your circle. As long as you feel you can build up strong emotions when doing your spell work, your space can be a small or large as you need.

Well a very basic altar can be created from the top shelf or shelves of a bookcase in a corner of your bedroom, or even in a closet if the space is big enough. The area must be clear of clutter because it represents your dedication to the
Wiccan Way. That means no dirty laundry or dishes by your altar – it should always be clean and full of positive energy. Even the room of your altar is in should be kept clean as you will be drawing on Magic energy from this entire space too and as belief in the Divine becomes part of your life, your room or your home will transform itself into a temple. Some spells call for a temporary altar set up by the moonlight, or in other working areas or spots depending on what you
are trying to do. Actually, some Witches’ use temporary altar all of the time. They actually take it down or put it away
when they are done with their spells. It is still important to keep the area clean and sacred. Or you can be more elaborate and buy an altar especially designed for worship, but this is not necessary.

An altar should contain an image of the God and/or Goddess in which we called principal , an incense burner and a candle. One note of caution here. Never leave a candle burning unsupervised, I also called different objects or gems that represents the Four elements namely earth, Air, Fire, and Water. You might want to add an altar cloth if you find one that strikes your fancy. Of if you have a garden or if there is a flower market handy, you may want to place fresh flowers or herbs on the altar. This can be done daily or as a special offering. When the time seems right, you can dedicate your altar formally.
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 3:13

Quote :
I read that Pentagram necklaces need to be a gift and cant really be brought by myself, is this true?
What should I be starting with?
I think it is not true, there is no difference between buying things and receiving things. If you decided to buy pentagram or other wiccan tools, My advise to you is to hold the item on your left palm and feel it well if it has resonance in your will. If there is, the item you held will certainly help you; if not, it is only a common thing and no need to spend a money. The more important is that this pentagram can use to bless yourself and others with the sign of it.Or can use to cast and banish their ritual circles.

Last edited by zach on Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 3:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 3:16

If you have any questions just post it in the Coven Section.
Back to top Go down
achilles
Believer
Believer

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Thu 4 Feb 2010 - 3:51

this was a great info zach
Back to top Go down
achilles
Believer
Believer

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Thu 4 Feb 2010 - 3:52

Oh by the way welcome luna
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Fri 5 Feb 2010 - 17:14

Really enjoyed chatting with you last night in chat and hope to get to know you better
C
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Fri 5 Feb 2010 - 17:30

Yeah I really enjoyed it, and looking forward to getting to know and learning from you and the others

xxx
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Devon uk x   Fri 5 Feb 2010 - 17:33

Hey sexy Witch avatar!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened